Saturday, February 2, 2008

Success!

Ran 7 miles on the Greenway today. Got out there around 11:45 am. Had a hair appointment at 2:30 on the other side of town so I had to get a head start (no pun intended!) I ran from the YMCA parking lot so I went the 2 miles to the Kimball Bridge intersection, where I walked across to give my lungs a little rest. I ran another 1.5 out/back (3 total) to Kimball and walked again across the road. I ran the remaining 2.25 (approx) which got me all the way to the car. My lungs weren't dying. I didn't need to use my inhaler once! :) I felt really good, especially after the first 2 miles. If I had had the time, I might have gone ahead and done 10 miles and saved the 7 miler for tomorrow.

The mental boost I've got from this run is amazing! I'm really feeling confident that I can make the HM next week and for it not to be too far off my normal time. The key will be to stay consistent with my planned runs this week. There's always so much to do that it's easy to get exhausted. I will need to be diligent with bedtime and get to sleep by 9:30 or so! This will allow me to actually drag myself out of bed on the mornings I need to get the run in at the gym. Or at least so I'm not so tired by the end of the day after work that I just crash out on the couch at home (like Friday). I think that self-discipline is the most important thing to successful running. I may not be fast, but I can at least be the best I am capable of being. All I can do, I suppose!

1 comment:

mikecnichols said...

That's awesome Beth! Good luck next week!