Monday, February 4, 2008

I made it!

So, I got in 10 miles. Actually, 10.2! That was thanks to a kick from the sports beans I ate at mile 7! They kicked in around mile 9 like magic. I love those things!! I took several breaks- mainly at intersections (necessary unless I wanted to be flat like a pancake!) and twice going up/down the stairs to the trail. I went from the apt. down Old Milton to the trail. Ran out just past mile marker 2.5 (30 mins or so from the bridge) and back past the bridge past the 5 mile marker and then back to the stairs and up - UP- Old Milton again. I had to go a little farther (down to the dentist's office) to finish up the miles due to the encroaching darkness on the trail. No problems! :) I am definitely stiff now and will likely feel this tomorrow. Not sure what the plan is yet tomorrow. Thinking now to go for 2-3 after work/before hockey. I'll play it by ear depending on how I feel after work..... I think I'm gonna make it for Sunday, though! Already getting excited! :)

3 comments:

Martin said...

Great run!

You have quite an agressive week planned.

Do you listen to music when you run?

Beth said...

Merci Martin! I'm actually probably going to be skipping the 7 miles I had originally planned for today since last week's schedule got pushed back a day and ran into my rest day.

I usually listen to music when I run. I love music and often sing aloud once I check no one is around. I have specific running memories (races/people/trails) associated with songs. Just hearing those songs on the radio make me want to run!

mikecnichols said...

Glad you got the ten miles! How was hockey with Mandy?