Thursday, January 31, 2008

TM run.. will it ever end?????????

So I got in 5 miles on the TM today. It felt like 25. Whoa. Is that thing boring!! However, I have to get used to it for the next few weeks to get through this crazy windy/cold/rainy weather. We keep getting random nice weather days (when it gets to the 50s/60s). Fortunately they are happening on the weekends mainly so I can take advantage!

Getting back to HM shape after a month off is not so much fun. My lungs still burn a little from the run today. I think I will be able to do it, but it is really challenging my determination/motivation right now! Amazing how quickly daily habits can be forgotten..... I've officially registered for the Birmingham HM so that is extra motivation at this point!!!

Oh well. I'm already looking forward to the ING GA HM on Mar 30th and the Madison, WI HM on May 25th. After that, it will be some shorter races (5/10ks) over in Europe during the month of June and then the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th one day after I return home from Europe! I'm hoping the décalage horaire will work in my favor since technically it will feel like noon when the race starts!! Notice the Madison HM map I've embedded to the right of this post underneath my running schedule! :) COol, huh??

No comments: