Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hills hills and more hills!

Since I had so much to do today, I ended up switching tomorrow's 4 miles for today's 10. I opted for a hilly route, though, as penance for not doing the 10 as planned. Just straight down Old Milton and back. I've always avoided running that way because of the hills, but the Mercedes is going to be hilly so I should get at least a little used to it now. I still was gasping at the top of each one, though. I am definitely going to start running this route more often to get some hill training in!

It was sunset when I got out the door (about 6). Dark clouds were looming and it was sprinkling a little. I was just hoping for about 45 more minutes of dry weather!! I got about 40.... Last half miles it started raining and a cold wind was blowing. I'm pretty sure I sped up a little that last bit. I made it, though!!!

Now, just to get those 10 in tomorrow... gonna be tough after work, but I think that the combination of good weather and hopefully well restedness (hehe, is that a word? I'm making it one!) will carry me through! Plus a little stupidity will help. ;)

Let's see if I can get the route to post...

No comments: