Saturday, February 9, 2008

In Alabama......

So, I drove here to Birmingham right after work. Hellish drive- first 29 miles took an hour and a half! It was terrible. Got here and went straight to Taziki's Greek restaurant across from the hotel where I met up with Tim(r1), Tiff, Maples and Bob. Enjoyed a nice dinner and good convo, then headed back to the hotel.

I haven't run since Monday really, so Sunday will be interesting. I have confidence I can do it, despite seeing the elevation chart tonight (thanks, Bob!) showing the extreme uphill from mile 5-6 then 9-10 or so.. Luckily it goes straight down for the last 3 miles so I should be able to recover some time there.... Fingers crossed. I feel ready. Looking forward to the expo tomorrow. Tim is also going to drive us over the course so we can all get a firsthand look at it!

Night!

1 comment:

mikecnichols said...

Good luck Beth! I know you can do it!