Sunday, January 27, 2008

I did it!

I finished 8 miles today. It wasn't pretty. Well, I planned to run a mile, walk a minute, run a mile, walk, etc... There were times I considered cutting it short at 6 or 7 miles (before the turn around) but I'm glad I continued. I think mentally it was important for me to do 8 today. I'm pleased with my effort considering I've hardly run 3 miles in the past 6 weeks! This will likely be my strategy in Birmingham.

I went on the Greenway and the weather was about 50 degrees and sunny. Very beautiful day for a run. I am considering doing the missed 5 miles there tomorrow. We'll see how I feel after work and if I'm sore from today.....

3 comments:

Martin said...

Ce sont les journées comme celle-ci qui rendent la course à pied si enrichissante!

On se laisse emporter par la joie du mouvement et on vit sur un nuage par la suite.

Félicitations.

Beth said...

Merci beaucoup, Martin. :)

mikecnichols said...

YAY!