Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Second day

So I got up early again today! Yea!! I was so tired and really dragged myself out of bed to get ready. I definitely have to build in an extra 20 minutes or so of wake up time once I'm up.

I've started a routine of:
  • getting up
  • taking my first inhaler dose
  • getting something to drink
  • taking the second inhaler dose
  • playing on the computer (of course!)
  • then getting coffee ready
  • getting dressed
  • taking the other inhaler doses
  • more computer ;)
  • doing my hair routine of all those dang barrettes!
  • getting the ipod and hat
  • getting out the door
I've been hooked on my London playlist since I've started running early mornings. I usually start with Paolo Nutini's "Rewind". I like that it's so early because I can sing aloud (quietly of course! Don't want to wake anyone) as I walk up to the street corner. It's such a perfect walk since it's just about 3 1/2 minutes long- just enough for a warm up song!

It's a pain to get across the street with the short (5 seconds or so) light. Which is not enough to cross about 7 lanes. Today, I passed a couple of (girl) runners coming at me on the sidewalk in front of Publix just as I had started out. I didn't see anyone else (running at least) the entire time. It wasn't as humid as yesterday, but still a bit breezy. I was fighting some asthma today and stopped again at the top of the hill at Kroger (no gas lines today, though!)

I only did the planned 3 miles (well a tad more just to get to the end of the sidewalk!) and I was glad. However, by the end, I felt I could have gone farther. Tomorrow, the plan calls for 4. They will be tricky to do before work (getting up about 15 mins earlier! Yikes! 4:45???) I think I will go straight on State Bridge and tackle that next hill! Will be a breeze going down, but the reverse leg will be extra fun. I've got the Maroon 5 concert tomorrow night, which means I will NOT be getting up early on Thursday to run! Just being realistic! :)

2 comments:

Frankie said...

Here's an idea, if the hair routine takes so much time, maybe you oughta axe one of the computer sessions ;)

Beth said...

Smart ass!