Saturday, September 27, 2008

Adjusting

Well, it's been a while since I've updated here. I was pretty sick for over a week. Now that I'm well, I've started the new job at the running shop and more tutoring on the other days. It's a bit crazy, but it will all be worth it. Of course, what has been sacrificed?? Running. :( I needed to adjust to the new hours, etc, which I think I am finally doing. Now I need my motivation back- a nice kick in the ass actually!! I am ready mentally to go back out, so tomorrow I WILL run! No excuses. I am also going to start back with my early morning routine. I will have a few difficult days due to the concerts (will likely be quite knackered by Thursday afternoon!!) but I'll work it out. Something is better than nothing. I think the key is to rework my training schedule to align with my new training goal race! Silver Comet trail is out for sure!

On a semi-related running note, I ran into my old friend Ruthie at the running shop today! I haven't seen her in at least 10 years! She is a teacher at Wesleyan and living in Duluth nearby! She has started running (this May!) and is training for her first marathon in November (Chicamauga). We exchanged phone numbers and are planning to run together soon! :) That was a nice surprise actually.

Ok, so goals for this weekend: re-do the training schedule and to run tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Congrats on the running shop job!
Glad you are feeling better!
Get yer butt out there (do as I say not as I do) I'm trying to get my running restarted too.

Beth said...

Thanks, Steven! 2 days in a row, so far. Tomorrow I'm going for 4 before work (which is stretching it time wise for me, really so that means up early early!) :)