Monday, September 29, 2008

I did it

Yea!! I got up this morning and ran! :) I did 3.25 humid miles. It was a bit breezy, and approximately 64 degrees. The run wasn't too bad. Had to stop at the top of the big hill past Kroger and then after I turned around at the halfway on Jones Bridge.

I knew I'd be a bit huffy and puffy due to not running for two and a half weeks. However, it wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run.

Just a small side note about something I saw this morning. The gas stations everywhere around here have been empty for weeks now. Sometimes stations will get a delivery and people just seem to turn up and wait in line for gas! It's really been unreal! Apparently the QuikTrip at the top of the hill next to Kroger on Jones Bridge/State Bridge was filled with a huge long queue down the street. Here's a shot of it this afternoon in the same way! On the left, you can see the sidewalk I run on in the mornings.

No comments: