Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recovered

After battling a sinus infection all last week, I finally was well enough to get in 2 longer runs this weekend. I was able to get in 7.4 miles last Sunday. This was my longest actual run in many months. It felt great in fact! Then Tuesday, despite waking up with a sinus headache, I went out for 4.5 miles. Thursday, I got in a 5k. Friday and Saturday I just felt too crappy, so I waited till Sunday. I was so happy to wake up infection-free. I got in 6.3 on Sunday (another good run!) and 7.5 on Monday. I wanted to go 8.5 but ran out of time (I was a few minutes late to work as it was). I took Tuesday off (obviously) and woke up early this morning to go out for 6. Unfortunately, the rain was coming down hard and in the dark, it would not be safe for me to be out there. It is looking like this will be thunderstorms by the afternoon, so likely no run after work either. Maybe I can get them in tomorrow morning before work if it's not in the 20s like they said it might be. Cross your fingers it is warmer.

I've been noticing a trend where I am really warming up the first mile, but then the rest of the run goes fine- breathing gets easier, legs just go, and I'm enjoying it. I'm happy about that. Only a little over 5 weeks left till the race. I've got a 10K this Saturday, so hopefully that will go well enough!

3 comments:

Theia said...

Do you think your pacing is good, especially in that first mile? Could you be starting out too fast?

Beth said...

It's very possible I am. I tend to just go and run at the speed I'm comfortable at. I don't always know what it is. I also tend to slow down by the end of my runs. I've not really tried to work on pacing before.

shanseo5050 said...

A question how long does it take for antibiotics to work for sinus infection? many women ask themselves and unfortunately, yes. A sinus infection can be quite painful for a woman during pregnancy, even if she takes medication to alleviate the symptoms. Best over the counter medicine for sinus infection and sore throat visit for more information.