Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Long time no blog...

Well howdy! Yes, I realise it's been nearly 3 months since my last entry. Such is life... Some updates- I ran the 10K mentioned in the last post and had a blast. I did pretty well and enjoyed the course. I would do this race again next year in fact! I also had fun afterwards with friends. I will post a photo or two once I get home.

Sadly, training was spotty up until the ING Half on March 29th. I did not do as well as I had hoped, but in the end I did enjoy the run/sights. It was windy and cool at the start (pre-dawn) and actually continued to get colder as we went along. That part was tough. By the end, I just wanted a big coat. It was chilly while waiting for my friend Stuart to finish the full, but we went quickly to Stats nearby for lunch and beer, so it was well worth the chillbumps!

Since the race, I've been less-than-motivated to start training full time again. I have done a few shorter runs here and there, though. School and tutoring have just been way too busy to work in runs. However, this past Sunday, I finally got out for 3 miles on the Greenway. I did a few miles the weekend before as well. Monday, I was off school for a couple of doctor's appointments so I took advantage of the time to get another run in. The miles weren't pretty, but I got them done! This morning, I was up at 5:15 to do another 3 miles. It's been a while since I've done a pre-work, early morning run. I'm sitting at my desk at work now, trying to fight off a nap. Luckily today is field day, so I don't have any students in here! The weather this morning was just about perfect for running- upper 50s/lower 60s with a bit of wind and a bit of humidity. I can feel myself getting back into shape- going farther each time without my lungs wanting to explode. Hopefully by the weekend I will be able to do the 4 mile "long run" I've got planned for Sunday. Tomorrow is another pre-dawn 3 miler. I definitely predict a nap happening this afternoon once I get home from school!!!

No comments: