Saturday, February 7, 2009

Morning runners are friendlier

Or at least so they seem! I lost count of how many nods, smiles, "mornin'"s, and half waves I got this morning from fellow runners (probably at least 15!) Oddly, that was quite encouraging. I got out on the Greenway this morning for an intended 5 mile run. It was probably about 8:45? After the initial 1/2 mile of lungs rebelling against me, I started to glide. It was a really nice run on a cold, sunny morning. In fact when the nike+ lady said "1 mile to go" at the 4 mile point I was kind of sad! If I didn't have to go to work this morning, I would have gone ahead and done tomorrow's 7 miles instead. It was nice to realize at that point that I had finished those 4 miles fairly effortlessly. (yea me!) I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run for sure. I was planning on enjoying the warm weather later in the day, but *might* be motivated to go out earlier..... It just goes to show I guess I am a morning runner as long as I can do them without getting up at dark o'clock.

Oh, and I ended up going 5.5 instead of 5. :)

2 comments:

Theia said...

Maybe morning runners are thinking, "We're all in this together!" or "Hey, there's another wacko out here!" :)

Beth said...

Probably since that's what I'm usually thinking myself!