Sunday, February 1, 2009

Eek!

Well, I got in a 6 mile run this afternoon in 60 degree sunny weather! That was a treat since it's about to become super cold again tomorrow. Yippee. This week will be challenging since it will just be freezing (literally) even after work. Blech. However, I definitely was able to appreciate today's weather! After today's run, I feel sure I will be able to do semi-well in the 10K in a few weeks.

I've been planning ahead for the summer this weekend, too. I've found two races I want to do in London! This is going to be fun! The first one is a 10K on July 4th. The 4th happens to land on a Saturday, so that worked out well. I was kind of sad I wouldn't be able to do the Peachtree Road Race again this summer, so it will be nice to still run something organized on the 4th. I'm thinking I'll have to wear some goofy red, white and blue! Heh. Here's the link. I may end up doing another race this day, but I definitely want to run a 10K on the 4th.

The other race I will definitely be doing this summer is the London 10k. In fact, since it seems to fill up pretty quickly, I went ahead and signed up today. No expectations except to have fun, since the course will be going by most of the cool places in London. I love it when plans start to come together. Now, I just need to look for something in Paris if I'm lucky!

3 comments:

Frankie said...

Guess that makes my decision that much easier on wether or not to make the trip to Hotlanta for the Peach Tree race. With my best friend and his family leaving for Germany in May and you being in jolly ol' England I wont be heading back there. Guess Ill have to take my chances and hope you are still stateside for next years ING HM.

Beth said...

Aw Frankie. I'll likely still be here in 2010 for ING. I *might* break down and go to a 30s meetup next year, too. All depends on the savings. And it has to be somewhere cool where lots of 30s are, but not too expensive!

Frankie said...

Well if everything in the heavens line up, maybe we could run ING together in 2010 ( that is if your willing to slow down for me =) ) Im not sure if Im going to make it to any of the gatherings this year. Ive pretty much ruled out Glass City as I havent started running again and I wont fly 2/3 the way across the country to watch a race again. Plus I might be going on a mission with my church to Peru in June so I need money for that. Id love to do the Outer Banks meetup in November but only time will tell.