Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So I lied (just a little)...

I didn't run the 4 planned miles on Saturday morning. I slept in. And didn't even change out of my pj's all day while cleaning and watching movies and playing on the computer in general. I think it was what you could call a mental health day (even this early in the school year!) However, I did feel more energetic on Sunday and went out for what was supposed to be 5 miles in the afternoon. Um, yeah. It was way too hot and humid for any of that mess. I got about 2.25 (painfully mind- could hardly breathe with my stupid heat-aggravated asthma) then I turned around and walked back. I was already planning on walking 2 miles after the run (I'm doing that whenever I have the time), so that was fine. I was pissed I couldn't run farther, however.

I wanted to run 3 miles Monday morning before work, but woke up all night long with a terrible headache and ended up sleeping in instead. Tuesday, I was finally able to get up and went 3 miles. It was 68 degrees or so and I was feeling fast again! Felt great! Today, I was up a little earlier and squeezed in an extra half mile. I wasn't quite as fast as yesterday, but it was about 72 degrees and much more humid. Plan is to run the next two mornings as well. I need to experiment with getting up about 30 minutes earlier, though, since I have been late to work the past two mornings (OOPS!) We'll see how this goes......

No comments: