Friday, December 26, 2008

Hey! I put my new shoes on!

After a week delay due to illness ($#%#!!!!!) I was able to get out today for 3 miles on the new shoes. I didn't want to push it for several reasons- new shoes (need to break in), cautious in case the knee pain thingy was still lingering, and because it'd been a while! My asthma was not happy with the strong head wind, either. I had to stop once to use the inhaler (yum!) and a couple of times in the first 2 miles to catch my breath (I hate the inhaler so I was resisting). By mile 3, I was feeling much better! The breathing was steady. I had turned around earlier than the planned 1.5 point (approximately 1.4?) just because I wasn't feeling it in mile 2. I was starting to think I'd been too ambitious! By the time I got back to the normal corner stopping point, my nike+ ipod lady announced "400 meters to go." *Sigh* Doesn't she know I can never stop once I hear that? I have to finish!!

So, I ended up finishing the 3 miles after all, running right to my building to finish. I really could have gone farther by that point. I will save it for the run I hope to get in tomorrow before the thunder storms come in. It's going to be 70 degrees tomorrow! I can't let that pass me by.

Best part? The new shoes (Mizuno Inspire 5s)! I also put in some blue Superfeet we got free through the running store. I figured I'd try them out with the new shoes to see how they treat me running. So far, they were fine. Supportive in the arch, but not annoying like most products can be. To be honest, they didn't feel much different than I'm used to with the custom orthotics. This is good since Superfeet are only about $20 vs. $300 for custom ones! I'll keep you posted as I put more miles on both the shoes and the superfeet.

No comments: