Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Due to popular demand....

I will start double posting here so that my loyal fans can post comments to me here! I'm just scared I might lose access again and that would make me sad. :( So, I will start copying and pasting my posts here and keep the Windows Live blog as my back up. :) HOw's that?

New Route! Sorta!

Went out for 4 miles this afternoon. I probably would have gone longer but I had a last minute tutoring request that I couldn't turn down! I was a little sore from Sunday (that's what happens when you take "breaks" for several days! Oops!) but it wasn't too bad. It was chilly and a little windy as I set out. I was wondering if I should have gone for the long sleeve shirt, despite the bright sun and pure blue sky. The first mile was still chilly, but I definitely warmed up as I started hitting the hills. I ran towards Fleet Feet on Old Milton. I normally run to the Kroger and turn left to stay on the relatively flat section and avoid the HUGE hill that comes after that intersection when you go straight. It's about a 3.5 mile round trip when I go that way. However, I felt up for a challenge today and kept going. I'm happy to report that despite having to play a few head games along the way, I made it up all the hills! I will admit stopping for water/breath at the top of those hills, but I didn't let myself wimp out. :)

I want to note that my last two runs seemed timeless. I didn't feel any dread of how much longer. They went by quickly. In fact, I was sad to have to stop today! I know that my extended break was part lack of time to run/schedule and partly motivation. I wanted to run in my heart and head, but just couldn't always get out the door. After these past couple of really great runs, I think it will be easier to convince myself to make the first step.

Inspired by my friend Martin, I am going to start noting the playlist I use each run (as long as I remember!) This was a new playlist I compiled from songs posted on the Thrashers' forum as being played during the games. I didn't recognize a whole lot of them (they must be just in snippets during the games??) but WOW! What a great playlist. I randomly chose 22 of the songs I'd downloaded (there are like 100 total). I did a good job! :D

So...

PLAYLIST USED: Thrashers' 1 (I only have one at this point, but I have a feeling I will be creating others!)

3 comments:

Martin said...

I can post comments!

And what a wonderful idea to mention the music you listen to while you rnu :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to stay here as well! Makes things easier.

Good to see you motivated and running...have fun running the Wilkes-Booth race. HAHA!

I always mention the album or song I'm listening to on my blog entries, I'm glad you're doing the same. One question though, where may I find out what your "Playlists" consist of?

Beth said...

Mike, I'll post a list of my playlists! This one is particularly interesting as it's made up of songs I wouldn't have know/listened to, except for them being Thrashers' songs!!